Advantages of using an online counsellor.
Some people may doubt it’s the real thing, but many fully qualified counsellors & psychotherapist are offering this service to reach out to those clients who find meeting up with a therapist difficult.
Online Counselling will mean no waiting lists or waiting for referrals, no travelling & the appointments can be more flexible. The session will still be confidential & sessions are totally led by the client.
Who is it suited to?
Online therapy can work for anyone but is especially ideal for people in the following situations:
- Maybe you can’t travel due to mobility issues or don’t drive.
- Perhaps the only time you have is after the children have gone to bed.
- Maybe you live in a rural area with little or no access to public transport.
- You can be anywhere in the world. You may live miles away from your chosen therapist or be on a trip or holiday & want to keep the momentum of your appointments.
- Expats may find it more comfortable speaking to a therapist from their own country.
- Perhaps you are a carer who would feel distracted or uncomfortable leaving your loved one for long periods of time.
- You may be a teenager or young adult who prefers to use the internet compared to a face to face appointment.
- Someone with a busy lifestyle & work commitments, so time is important.
- Parents may feel happier knowing their child is receiving therapy from home.
Whatever your circumstances, therapy online could have many plus points that appeal to you including having a wider choice of therapists as distance isn’t a factor.
If you have a computer with a webcam & are able to put aside 1 hour of un-disturbed, this could work well for you.
Sessions are £35 payable by paypal before the session.
If this an option that would interest you, please message me & I will call you to discuss in more detail.